Caper Leaves

My mother brought me a jar of caper leaves in brine from Greece - does anyone know of a recipe - or should we treat them just like regular capers? They have great potential and are very very salty!

asked by wingirl over 6 years ago

From what I've read, they go well with chicken and fish, like regular capers are -- and in salads. If yours are very salty, wondering if you should rinse them. Sounds like a fun ingredient to experiment with.

wingirl

Thanks Amanda, will rinse and respond...Am thinking super sweet august tomatoes and some goat cheese and olive oil and crusty bread will be perfect - but in the meantime will see what we can come up with.