Have seared a beef tenderloinand coated with garlic and lavender. Refrigerated overnight. How long can I give it to get to room temp before.

asked by Emps over 6 years ago

jmburns

Depends on the size but 30 minutes should've reasonable for a medium size.

Easily an hour or two. Sounds luscious! How are you going to cook it?

Emps

Have made this many times and the 2 hr rule only raises temp 6-8 degrees. I like the 4 hr answer although it makes the food safety police nuts. Thx to all.

No, the 4 hour temp raise is fine in terms of food safety. Why would you think otherwise?

CarlaCooks

Please, please, please post this recipe! I LOVE anything with lavender!