Tomato Juicing

Hi All,
I am in the process of purchasing a Squeezo Juicing Machine from the 1970's. My question is that I was wondering if anyone knows of a better product for juicying or making puree on the market right now. I'm assuming most of you all know what a Squeezo is.
Thanks

asked by J3_Dog almost 7 years ago

J3_Dog

Add your answer here

A VitaMix. It has the capacity to puree and make juice - both fruits and vegetables - using the whole item. No skins to worry about. http://www.vitamix.com Had mine for 5 years and friends have had theirs for 15+. Really worth checking out.

J3_Dog

I will check it out....... Does it remove the seeds also?
Thanks Jim

A Vita-Mix doesn't remove seeds, it pulverizes them if large enough. For tomato juice I put tomatoes in the Vita-Mix and after processing run through a Food Mill.

For puree, I just cook down after running through the Vita-Mix.

I can apple butter and when doing that just put apple with skin minus stem and it purees the whole thing, which I then cook down.

Hope this helps.

J3_Dog

SKK,
I juice the tomatoes, THEN after talking the seeds out. I finally bought a new canner. It's actually a pressure cooker. OK.... I put the juice into a hot Jar and then how much pressure should I have and for how long,

This is a whole new question. I waterbath can, and have not used a pressure canner. When it comes to tomatoes I dehydrate. Or I make a tomato sauce with no meat and water bath can. Or I cook down and freeze tomato paste which I have a recipe on this site.

Don't have the room to store tomato juice. And here is a great website that has information on canning.
http://nchfp.uga.edu/

J3_Dog

Thank You So Much................

You are most welcome!