I am making your Pumpkin Pudding recipe & purchased pumpkin "puree", which is very liquidly. Is this correct?

Just need to know if the liquidy pumpkin puree will really work. Regular canned pumpkin is much thicker. I don't have time to make this twice! Thank you for great idea & recipes!
Cynthia

asked by Cynthia Olsen Gates almost 3 years ago

Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm

Assistant Editor at Food52

Yes, it should be the same thing! Pumpkin puree/canned pumpkin vary in thickness depending on brand. You might try cooking the pumpkin puree on the stovetop for a bit to evaporate some of the liquid and thicken it! Like in this recipe here https://food52.com/recipes...

Cynthia Olsen Gates

Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving!

Kenzi Wilbur

The pumpkin in this recipe should actually be the consistency of canned pumpkin—I'd be worried about the consistency of the pudding made with a more watery ingredient. (Silly thought, but first check if the puree just needs to be stirred or shaken?) A fix might be to cook the puree down so it thickens.

Cynthia Olsen Gates

Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving!