I am making your Pumpkin Pudding recipe & purchased pumpkin "puree", which is very liquidly. Is this correct?

Just need to know if the liquidy pumpkin puree will really work. Regular canned pumpkin is much thicker. I don't have time to make this twice! Thank you for great idea & recipes!
Cynthia

Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm November 25, 2015

Yes, it should be the same thing! Pumpkin puree/canned pumpkin vary in thickness depending on brand. You might try cooking the pumpkin puree on the stovetop for a bit to evaporate some of the liquid and thicken it! Like in this recipe here https://food52.com/recipes...

Cynthia Olsen Gates
Cynthia Olsen Gates November 25, 2015

Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving!

Kenzi Wilbur
Kenzi Wilbur November 25, 2015

The pumpkin in this recipe should actually be the consistency of canned pumpkin—I'd be worried about the consistency of the pudding made with a more watery ingredient. (Silly thought, but first check if the puree just needs to be stirred or shaken?) A fix might be to cook the puree down so it thickens.

Cynthia Olsen Gates
Cynthia Olsen Gates November 25, 2015

Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving!