🔕 🔔

How long do I roast salmon in the oven? 350°?

asked by Ric almost 6 years ago

41d1bf62 06b4 4146 b461 3df1a31058a7  wine

400 for 12 minutes for beautiful medium/medium rare.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Totally agree with nutcakes except I roast at 425F

Wholefoods user icon

20 minutes it cooks pretty quicky also add some onion lemon,small tomtaoes, salt pepper and cover with tin foil . ENJOY

Fc6a53ec b276 48a4 be9b bc69e85a9c0f  dsc00731

I like to broil it, top rack, for about 8 minutes. Broiling gives a nice crust, especially if I've added honey or agave syrup to the marinade.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I am more of the sashimi taste (being on the west coast of Canada) so I would go with a hot oven, 400F to 450F (keep an eye on it) and pull it out when still "wet". Best is to have a piece with skin on, sear the skin, then put in oven to finish. Do not be alarmed if any "white" appears - it is just protein baking out - a sign it is done.

Part 2 - Betty Crocker, et al, suggest 325F is so you can fail by ten minutes and the food is still okay. Restaurants keep ovens at 500F and the food comes out great because the times are shorter and they keep an eye on it! I always have the oven at either 225F or 500F - depending on what I am doing.
Salmon is a great product - don't over cook.