How long to bake salmon in 375 oven?

I plan to bake (roast) simple salmon fillets (evoo & salt & pepper) in a 375 oven while cooking another dish needing that temp. About how long will it take to cook the salmon at that temperature?

asked by Randi almost 3 years ago

sydney

I'm on the West Coast so I bake large, whole, family-sized salmon fillets often (at 350 degrees for under 30 minutes and sometimes I overcook if I'm distracted). 375 degrees seems really hot for fish and can quickly overcook it. I would watch carefully at the 15-minute mark. It should be tender and 'moist' flaky, not dry. :-)

John Lawler

Broil the salmon. 6-8 minutes tops. I baste with an olive oil/butter melted mix. Sprinkle Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic or Blacked Seafood spices. Will not dry out.

amybanana

I bake a large salmon fillet (approx. 800 g to 1 kg) at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes and it is not dry. I baste it lightly with a mix of grainy mustard, soya sauce and mixed herbs before baking.

scruz

i learned to bake mine in a 425 oven from the wife of a late fisherman in my town. you have to be really careful, start with not out of the fridge salmon, and check it...10 minutes per inch i believe is the number. the key is to not let it get above a certain temp or it releases its juice and gets dry. she turned me onto salmon collars (she had a little seafood shop in garage and bought fresh from her fisherman friends). i was so pleased when she offered me a job but i had one. we had a lot of italian fisherman and the area produced tons of big beautiful salmon. nothing like it fresh. don't forget to thank the fish when you eat it!

scruz

also, i forget to say to double over any thin edges because you are cooking to the thickest part.