🔕 🔔

I need a substitution!

Hi, I've been wanting to make sticky buns, so I decided to try tonight, I have a recipe and I have everything I need except it calls for 2 tablespoons nonfat milk powder, which I don't have! Should I forget about it, or can I substitute something. Or.....does anyone have a better recipe? I've never made them before so I'm just giving this recipe a try. Thanks!

asked by Reen over 5 years ago

I'd say you can probably leave out the milk powder without harming the recipe. But since sticky buns are time intensive, I personally would rather not risk it. Here's Joanne Chang's recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork...

I'd use regular milk instead of water, if water is called for in the recipe. But I also wouldn't worry a bit about leaving it out and not substituting, if you haven't any milk. ;o)

@ATG117, why does that recipe call for so much dough when you are only supposed to use half? Why don't they just make the recipe with the correct porportions? Doesn't make much sense to me....