pistachio oil -- any cake recipes or dessert recipes?

Has anyone substituted pistachio oil for olive oil in a recipe for an olive oil cake ( will this choice be too strongly flavored?); does anyone have a recipe for a cake or other sweet which employs pistachio oil. I am not asking about pistachios generally, just about uses for the oil outside of dressing salads and vegetables or garnishing meats and fish

asked by porchapples almost 7 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

You might check out Christina Tosi's Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook (which is also a contender in this year's Piglet Tournament of Cookbooks)! She has recipes for pistachio cake that I believe call for the oil. Another route to check out would be middle eastern pastries and cakes...

DessertByCandy

I remember reading in Dan Lepard's Short & Sweet that you can replace butter with nut oil when making caramel candies for an unusual twist. 100g of pistachio oil is a bit extravgant for a recipe but it seems like it would be quite fantastic for pistachio lovers! (I would suggest replace butter with pistachio oil, pecan halves with pistachio nuts). Here is a link to his caramel recipe: http://www.guardian.co...

JaneEYB

There are 57 recipoes indexed on EYB with pistachio oil http://bit.ly/we5bbb If you just want to see the sweet recipes, click Desserts in Filter by courses on the right. Momofuku Milk Bar has a Pistachio cake and a Pistachio layer cake with the oil.

porchapples

fascinating resources thx!!