A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Biscuits Do you think these would work if i substitute olive oil for the butter?

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Sweet Potato Biscuits" from kitchenwitchcookie. It says:

"Once potatoes are pureed, measure 1 3/4 cups of puree. (Set aside any remaining puree to add to pancakes, muffins, cookies, etc...) Place the 1 3/4 cups of puree back in mixing bowl with butter pieces, and mix on medium until the butter is melted and incorporated."

• 1 Comment
53ee5c42 d86b 4c1a b54e 51ff95918ca8  sweet potato biscuit
Recipe question for: Sweet Potato Biscuits

1 Comment

Nozlee Samadzadeh
Nozlee Samadzadeh February 13, 2012

This website recommends using less olive oil than the amount of butter called for, as their fat and liquid contents differ in a way that will change the consistency of the biscuit batter:

http://thepassionateolive.com/wp/baking-with-olive-oil-instead-of-butter/

This recipe might be a better candidate for olive oil substitution (as opposed to a biscuit in which cold butter is cut into the dry ingredients) because the butter is melted. Let us know how it turns out!