What are some good quality reasonably priced cookware?

Pots & pans

asked by foidivin over 6 years ago

Reasonably priced is relative, it all depends what you consider reasonable. I like All Clad but they are what I consider to be pricey. Calphalon is another option a bit more reasonable than All Clad. I shop sales and rather than buy a whole set I get individual pieces at a time and add to it as I can. I have read in other posts that some of the cooks here have found great deals on fine cookware at Marshalls. Le Creuset is also a great enamel cookware brand. Are you looking for a basic set with everything you would need or individual pieces?

Voted the Best Answer!

That said I got a basic set of All Clad at a stoop sale they were used but in good condition and I have been using them for about 15 years now. I have added pieces over the years.

I recently bought a Calphalon pan at TJ Maxx, and while I was there, I saw le Creuset and All Clad cookware there at really good prices.

I didn't know TJ Maxx had cookware. I will have to check that out.

Panfusine

Their Home goods stores do, at quite reasonable prices..

sfmiller

Regalware has a line of fully clad cookware that's very well made (in the USA) and sells for a fraction of the price of All-Clad. At $50 for a 12" skillet versus $100+ for All-Clad and $250 for a 10-piece set versus $700, it's an exceptional deal.

I have a couple pieces and think they perform on a level with the All-Clad stuff in the arsenal.

They used to be sold as the "Marcus" line (endorsed by Marcus Samuelsson), but don't seem to be any more. Cutlery and More sells them.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/usa-made/tri-ply-stainless-steel-skillet-p116883

Per Sdebrango's advice don't buy a "set" of anything. There are always pieces you will never use. I have a completely mismatched collection of LeCreuset (colorwise) that I've picked up according to need combined with their thing about putting on sale last seasons "color". I don't care. Stay away from Emerilware. I think they are selling it by the pound now.

sfmiller

While I tend to agree with this and have a mongrel collection picked up over the years myself, buying a set of quality stuff can make sense, depending on your budget, what you already have (if anything), how you cook, and just what pieces are in the set.

If someone doesn't have any cookware at all or inferior stuff and a set is a bargain versus buying a la carte, it can be a sensible decision.. If there's a piece or two that doesn't get used, so what? Sell it or give it away.