🔕 🔔

How to make a healthy delicious pizza :)

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Use a honey whole wheat crust. Top with lightly steamed or roasted cauliflower and roasted bell pepper strips. You can take this over the top with addition of kalamata olives or anchovies. Use a light hand with your mozzarella cheese and boost the flavor with less fat by adding Parmesan cheese over the top.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Yes to what nutcakes advises. Also, I ran across this recipe for pizza dough that I love. It is made from ground flax seed and grated parmesan. http://www.ibreatheimhungry...

And this answer was just added to another pizza question; I am going to make this dough today and use roasted vegetables with red sauce
Kristy is the Associate Editor of Food52.
added 38 minutes ago
I have really good luck with Jim Leahy's no Knead pizza dough recipe. It does all the work for you, all you need is 2 hours to let it rise. Here's a link with the dough recipe and a fantastic pizza topping: http://www.chewswise.com...

My favorite is Chicken Fajita Pizza. In a skillet heat garlic, onion, peppers and chicken until done. Then whole wheat crust (usually freezer section), coat with a good amount of salsa (Seriously amazing- better then pizza sauce which contains too many preservatives and sugar), then add asciago or gorgonzola cheese and bake until warm and melty.