What is a good,fast and tasty recipe for guacamole?

Not too fancy of a recipe...I cook for picky eaters/stomachs!

asked by Cam Tucker almost 7 years ago

Mash the avocado with a fork. Add a bit of olive oil. Mash again. Add lime juice.

That's the base. From that, you can can add a touch of cumin, sauteed shallots.

But at it's simple base it's just mashed avacado, with lime juice and a touch of olive oil and salt.

Steven,Duckworth

2 avocados half a lime, salt, cumin, some salsa and jalapeño. Mash w forks, and pop one of the Ava seeds in so guac doesn't turn brown!

shoresdiver

Mash the avocado, add finely minced onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, finely chopped jalapeño and salt to taste. Mix and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down onto the guacamole so air does not contact it.

nhoov81

2 avocados salsa to taste I use about 1/4 c. Add garlic powder pepper lemon juice and a little shake of crushed red pepper. Very flexible recipe always gets rave reviews

lorigoldsby

A nice twist is to dice the avocados, add 1/2 c of crumbled blue cheese and 3 pieces of thick bacon-crisp and crumbled. Leave it a bit chunky. Add a squeeze of fresh lime.

Here is my simple recipe for quacamole. No bells or whistles. Just good! http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Cam Tucker

Thanks for the awesome answers! I got some good recipes. I kinds took a few of them and combined them! Thanks! I am enjoying my guacamole!