🔕 🔔

How long do I boil boneless chicken breasts? I know it depends on size but just looking for general rule of thumb. Thanks

asked by hutch about 6 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

About 1/2 hour

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Nutcakes is right on. You don't want to boil chicken breast, it will be too tough. Poaching is the answer.

Put the breast in cold water, bring to a boil, take of the heat and cover for 15 minutes. They don't need longer than this if they're boneless. Cut into one if you're nervous.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I've done by simmering in low sodium chicken stock. If you pierce the chicken with a fork the stock will soak in and keep the beasts moist and tasty.