🔕 🔔

Chicken Wild Rice Soup Question

I'm making Chicken Wild Rice Soup, which calls for cooked chicken. Is there any reason I can't just cut up raw boneless chicken breasts & throw them in with the rice?

asked by Phoenix Helix over 6 years ago

You'll honestly get better flavor if you sauté it first separately to caramelize some of the carbs on the surface. An extra step and pan, yes, but ultimately much better and deeper layers of flavor. Definitely worth the effort.

boulangere is right, cook the chicken separately first to get better flavor. If you don't want to saute it (and use only one pan) you could poach the chicken in some broth first - add some peppercorns, a bay leaf and whole allspice for extra flavor - drain from the pot and then let the chicken cool while you cook the rice. Alternatively, when I make this soup I buy a pre-made rotisserie chicken - the flavor is already there.

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

Thank you both!