🔕 🔔

How would I convert my overnight waffle recipe into chocolate overnight waffles?

Could I swap 1/3 cup flour for cocoa?

asked by Stephanie G over 5 years ago

36255cc3 44a2 4c38 8835 b89ccd0f3e7b  stringio

you could try it. it might turn out too bitter, thought, so maybe 1/3 cup of cocoa and 1/3 cup of sugar, and then as much flour as needed to make it as thick as it usually if you do the plain overnight waffles

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

I would suggest maybe making them a bit more simple, and adding a large handful of chocolate chips/chopped chocolate bar and folding them in just before cooking. Or reducing the sugar content and adding some chocolate syrup.

If you sub cocoa in for some flour, you will need to increase the sugar, but increasing the sugar will have the same effect of increasing the liquids, so you will also have to cut back on the liquids (not up the flour) accordingly. I would just add shaved chocolate before cooking as suggested above - much less math!

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Here is a recipe that Kitchen Butterfly posted for chocolate waffles, look at the proportions and maybe you can get an idea for your recipe.