"The French Laundry Cookbook" by Thomas Keller, have you cooked anything from this tome?

I would love to hear what you made, how easy (or difficult) it was to do, and how it tasted? Thanks!

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow February 5, 2012

I've made most of the recipes in the book. It's a great education in precision and techinique and the layering of flavors. From a practical perspective, the recipe I go back to again and again is the peanut butter and jelly candies at the very end.

puresugar
puresugar February 5, 2012

Carol Blymire wrote a great blog about cooking her way through this cookbook. You can find it here: http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/ Enjoy!

dymnyno
dymnyno February 5, 2012

I have made a lot of the recipes in the cookbook. It is definitely worthwhile to follow the master's instructions. The recipes all turned out delicious! (The first one I made was butter poached lobster) . I make the Parmigiano-Riggiano Crisps with Goat Cheese Mousse a lot as it is one of my favorite dinner appetizers. I also make the cornets to hold my own ahi poke.

Esther Plume
Esther Plume February 5, 2012

I've had the book for several years, and I haven't cooked anything from it.... I like looking through the recipes though, and looking at the pictures! Those custard filled egg shells! I like to read it, but just haven't quite got around to any of it, although some of that is down to understanding English ingredient equivalents... I could manage the peanut butter sweets, but getting hold of Concorde grape juice.... Hmmm!