"The French Laundry Cookbook" by Thomas Keller, have you cooked anything from this tome?

I would love to hear what you made, how easy (or difficult) it was to do, and how it tasted? Thanks!

asked by Sadassa_Ulna almost 7 years ago

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

I've made most of the recipes in the book. It's a great education in precision and techinique and the layering of flavors. From a practical perspective, the recipe I go back to again and again is the peanut butter and jelly candies at the very end.

puresugar

Carol Blymire wrote a great blog about cooking her way through this cookbook. You can find it here: http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/ Enjoy!

dymnyno

I have made a lot of the recipes in the cookbook. It is definitely worthwhile to follow the master's instructions. The recipes all turned out delicious! (The first one I made was butter poached lobster) . I make the Parmigiano-Riggiano Crisps with Goat Cheese Mousse a lot as it is one of my favorite dinner appetizers. I also make the cornets to hold my own ahi poke.

Esther Plume

I've had the book for several years, and I haven't cooked anything from it.... I like looking through the recipes though, and looking at the pictures! Those custard filled egg shells! I like to read it, but just haven't quite got around to any of it, although some of that is down to understanding English ingredient equivalents... I could manage the peanut butter sweets, but getting hold of Concorde grape juice.... Hmmm!