🔕 🔔

non-cook and kid friendly cookbooks

I have a friend who does not normally cook who has a super picky 6 year old and an average-eater 4 year old. She asked for ideas for easy kid recipes so she did not have to rely on processed foods. I suggested she find things the whole family could enjoy and also a cookbook that she could cook from with her kids. So I am looking for some ideas for her for cookbooks that a non-cook and a couple kids could enjoy.

asked by savorthis over 4 years ago

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

The Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook is decent; I still have my copy from childhood and that was a few decades ago!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'd suggest that she does a search on Amazon for Children's Cookbooks. There are a lot out there now, and she probably will find one or more that are appealing to her with reviews that can help her chose between them.

Williams-Sonoma, mollie katzen, River cottage all have good kids' cookbooks.

We have enjoyed the Spatulatta cookbook, which was written by a couple of kids who also have a cooking website. I have a super picky eater, but when we cook from this book, he likes to help AND even eats the food! And we grown ups have liked the recipes too.

Fca4e46d 262a 416c 8ce5 316470249de2  565101 1406091363 1702312332 n

Thanks for all the suggestions~ I will pass them along!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Go to a thrift store. You'll find tons of old cook books for a buck or less. The Better Homes and Garden ones, Sunset Magazine cookbooks, Julia, Joy of Cooking...are standards are thrift stores. Pick up a 1/2 dozen for 6 bucks or so.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

My 6 year old daughter is completely smitten with Perfect Pops book http://www.amazon.com/Perfect.... Because of the book (and the popsicle making kit we bought with it), she now eats all the fruits...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

... another book she likes is "Kids' fun a& healthy cookbook"(http://www.amazon.com/books...). It's very kid friendly and we often make dished from it together.