🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Put the pizza stone on a rack in a gas oven about 8 inches from the broiler. Preheat the oven on bake at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. "

What changes do I need to make for an electric oven???

asked by EBCornell over 5 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

None. As long as your oven temperature is correct. It should work fine.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Oven temperature critical - get an oven thermometer. My daughter the pastry chef purchased one for me and I was shocked to find out my oven runs cold.