🔕 🔔

At what degree should i put my oven when baking pizza

asked by Hacker 615 bitc... 3 months ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Instead of a stone. I have been using an inverted sheet pan for all my pizza needs, rolling and assembling the pizza on the back of the sheet pan. Around 375 and a bit longer baking than a super hot oven. About 35 mins...just check the bottom.
I like using the pan now better than the stone. (in the oven). I think stones are great for the grill or high temp cooking. The pan, I can roll out the dough on the pan. (using a sheet of silplat to help make a thin crust pizza).
And decorate and sauce the pizza and not have to worry about ejecting all the topping transferring it from the peel to the stone. It's all on the back of the pan...and the heat transfer is pretty fast in a oven with sheet pan.

What a great idea!
The transferring from counter or board to stone was always a problem.
Thanks, Sam.

I get around that problem by rolling out on, really between, parchment sheets. The top sheet peels off, the bottom one slides easily, with the crust/pizza, off the peel onto the stone and bakes. It can be removed from under the pizza after about 2-5 min depending our your oven temp. Works great! (Thanks Cook's Illustrated!)