Chocolate glazes

I'm making a couple of cakes that require chocolate glazes (think Sachertorte) Looking at bunch of recipes for has me wondering--some have water, others butter, still others cream, one corn syrup. What's the easiest, most fool-proof and/or best?

Darlene Carrigan

For a chocolate glaze that has a high shine, I generally use Rose Levy Beranbaum’s “Rose’s Heavenly Cakes” lacquer glaze. It works every time and gives a really professional finish to the cake. I found a copy of this recipe on this site, if you don't have the book: http://cafefernando.com/lorange/

For a chocolate ganache, my general ratio is 1lb bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped to 2 cups heavy whipping cream. (bring cream to simmer, and pour chocolate, stir till smooth). Begin glazing when the chocolate mixture is 90-95 degrees F. Also, you can add additional flavors to ganache (instant esspresso, vanilla, rum)

Also, I generally prefer the lacquer if the cake is already quite chocolatey. It has good chocolate flavor, but not as heavy or as dense as a ganache.
Good luck!