🔕 🔔

Can Whole Foods light corn syrup be substituted one to one for Karo corn syrup? Thank you, everyone ;o)

asked almost 4 years ago

1715f325 9d38 4557 9eb9 378a8c40de40  open uri20130601 14429 kkgmfn

I haven't used Whole Food's product, but Karo is just the typical nationally available brand. As long as the recipe calls for light corn syrup, I'd say yes. (I wouldn't be surprised to find they actually come from the same pot originally . . . just have different labels and bottles. Now someone will yell and tell us how Whole Foods produces their products separate from everything else in the world. Since there's not one near where I live and I've never shopped there I use local molasses and Karo and whatever. It's weird when you live in the sticks ;-).

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Karo light syrup has 120 cals & 30 grams carbs (10 g sugar) per 2 T serving. It contains light corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. If the WF brand has similar nutritional content it should work as a substitute.