🔕 🔔

I am making three batches of ice cream today, so I will have quite a lot of egg whites leftover. Simple ways to utlize them?

asked by Cristina Sciarra over 5 years ago

I love pavlovas! They are like a meringue but you use a slight amount of vinegar and the texture is crispy like a meringue on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Macarons! But I use the whole egg in my ice creams, so I don't have whites left over.

Taiwanese almond crisps ! Here's an example recipe (the website isn't mine and I haven't tried this one specifically before): http://hipfood.wordpress...

I'm asking my mom to email me the family recipe today so let me know if you're interested.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

pignoli cookies! http://www.epicurious.com...

If you like making broth (consomme) you can also float the egg whites on top, it's called a "raft", to help clarify it.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Invite your friends over for a low-cal egg white omelette. Serve with sliced tomato and a glass of prosecco.