I am making three batches of ice cream today, so I will have quite a lot of egg whites leftover. Simple ways to utlize them?

asked by Cristina Sciarra over 6 years ago

keel

I love pavlovas! They are like a meringue but you use a slight amount of vinegar and the texture is crispy like a meringue on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Macarons! But I use the whole egg in my ice creams, so I don't have whites left over.

passifloraedulis

Taiwanese almond crisps ! Here's an example recipe (the website isn't mine and I haven't tried this one specifically before): http://hipfood.wordpress...

I'm asking my mom to email me the family recipe today so let me know if you're interested.

pignoli cookies! http://www.epicurious.com...

If you like making broth (consomme) you can also float the egg whites on top, it's called a "raft", to help clarify it.

bigpan

Invite your friends over for a low-cal egg white omelette. Serve with sliced tomato and a glass of prosecco.