Good, simple, panini recipes?

asked by Bek over 6 years ago

bigpan

Google for a "cuban" sandwich with pork, pickle, mayo. They are addictive. I think keep to three ingredients with one being something unexpected - like roasted beet with chicken or roast turkey with cucumber.

These are great.

Although, the bread is the key there. I think you really must have 'cuban bread'. Larger cities will have those.
However in the south, Publix supermarket (at least mine) will carry that daily.
Cuban bread goes stale very quickly and should be purchased the day of use.
If Submitter has a publix supermarket, look and if they carry it as 'stock item'...if not, request it and they'll make it for you the next day. My publix used to do that for me, however, they now stock it baked daily.
And if you live in Florida...you'll find much better cuban bread from local 'mom/pop' places. Especially in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

allans

My favorite is pesto coated, (generously), boneless, skinless chicken breast grilled. Slice in half so they're thin. Add mayo, fresh basil leaves and provolone or muenster cheese.
Use a country Italian bread or French Baguette

GIOVANNI50

Allans, YUM. Miracle whip also instead of pesto doesn't taste bad either. Pesto with some crushed pinoli for the crunch...MMMMmmm.

angiegeyser

Provolone, tomato, and fresh basil