I'm confused, is also used orange peel? and does the cutting of this should be in the direction of the pulp?

72aaa2c7 3be0 4f58 81b5 882dc5e0f898  food52 02 07 12 5973

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Sicilian Blood Orange Marmalade" from dymnyno. It says:

"Slice them very thinly and turn and slice the other direction so that you mince the oranges."

asked by Carolin HEstrada over 6 years ago

Miranda Rake
Miranda Rake

Miranda is a contributor at Food52.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're asking but the 4th step is just asking you to dice the oranges up into small pieces.

Yes, she wants you to use the orange peel. She says that after the soaking there is no bitterness from the peel.

dymnyno

Yes, dice the whole orange into small pieces and that is what you make the marmalade with. The soaking removes all/most of the bitterness from the peel and the result is a great marmalade....with a little sugar.