🔕 🔔

Pork belly maiden voyage

I picked up about 2 lbs of pork belly today, to make tomorrow for dinner. Have never cooked it before (though I’m quite proficient at eating it.)

I’m thinking I want to do something Asian (or Asian-ish) – I’m pretty well stocked in terms of Asian pantry items, and also have some Chinese broccoli I’m planning on stir-frying as a side dish. So, does anyone have a favorite pork belly recipe along those lines?

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

David Chang's roasted pork belly and some steamed buns - that's what I'm having tomorrow! http://www.epicurious.com...

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Pork Belly in a Philippine Adobo is a classic and very easy to make. After your braze the belly, let it rest, then glaze it under a salamander (broiler) just before serving. There are many Philippine Adobo recipes to be found on the web.

3162c11b e070 4795 95d1 fd9492a6b582  lulusleep

For pork belly, I tend to stick with Asian methods. Either roasted or braised.