🔕 🔔

Roast beef

I'm wanting to make roast beef and horseradish sandwiches. 1) what cut of beef do I use? 2) any good recipes?

asked by foidivin about 6 years ago

You are looking at a rib roast, which if you are buying at a supermarket has already been boned and tied. What I like to do is "lard" it with garlic slivers---you cut small slits around the roast and stick in the garlic slivers. I rub it with salt, olive oil and herbs (rosemary is a good meat herb). I also use an internal brine when cooking big hunks of meat. You'll need an injector for that. Roast to an internal temperature of 130F for rare. Let it rest covered in foil for ten minutes before carving.