🔕 🔔

Cooked chicken for baked pasta dish.

How would you suggest cooking boneless chicken breasts for a baked pasta dish that calls for "cooked chicken, cubed?" I was going to poach.

asked by KRN almost 6 years ago

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

Poached would certainly work and would be nice and moist. I'm sure you could also use roasted chicken.

Wholefoods user icon

Helen's right, roasted chicken would be great. I often make a mixture of a couple of tablespoons of mayo mixed with a teaspoon of soy sauce and slather that on the chicken breasts before baking them in a 350 degree oven. The resulting chicken stays incredibly moist but doesn't take on a lot if added flavors, and can be easily shredded or cubed for any use. I know it sounds weird, but it works incredibly well. Try it out!

B8f19483 b6dd 4ee8 b288 d1e5d79af410  face

I find poaching to be quick, easy and less messy than other methods. Just don't overlook it!

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I use Ina's easy method. 350 degrees, 30 minutes, slathered in olive and a little salt and pepper.