Cooked chicken for baked pasta dish.

How would you suggest cooking boneless chicken breasts for a baked pasta dish that calls for "cooked chicken, cubed?" I was going to poach.

• Posted by: KRN
  • March 1, 2012

Helen's All Night Diner

Poached would certainly work and would be nice and moist. I'm sure you could also use roasted chicken.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Helen's right, roasted chicken would be great. I often make a mixture of a couple of tablespoons of mayo mixed with a teaspoon of soy sauce and slather that on the chicken breasts before baking them in a 350 degree oven. The resulting chicken stays incredibly moist but doesn't take on a lot if added flavors, and can be easily shredded or cubed for any use. I know it sounds weird, but it works incredibly well. Try it out!

allans
allans March 1, 2012

I find poaching to be quick, easy and less messy than other methods. Just don't overlook it!

Bevi
Bevi March 1, 2012

I use Ina's easy method. 350 degrees, 30 minutes, slathered in olive and a little salt and pepper.