🔕 🔔

Genius recipe lemon cream

Would you recommend any other citrus for this recipe? I have loads of tangerines in my yard.

asked by Latetotheparty about 6 years ago

1e4d7b52 fd4f 4798 ae19 d0f715768358  ry 400

I would make sure to cut down on the sugar if you use a citrus that is sweeter than lemon.

You could use other citrus fruits but the finished cream might be a little blah, flat. You may want to add some zest along with a little lemon juice to heighten the flavor.

Do let us know how it turns out! Fresh tangerines sound perfectly divine. I agree that some zest should be added. I'd use both tangerine zest, which itself is very bright, as well as some lemon. The only downside of using zest is that, unless you strain it through very find mesh, you won't have a perfectly creamy texture. ;o)