corned beef and cabbage

can you freeze cooked corned beef and cabbage?

asked by louisez over 6 years ago

chef of the future 2000

Yes BUT the cabbage will be limp post freezer

Helen's All Night Diner

I freeze my leftovers, too. I end up pan frying the vegetables which brings them back a bit.

bugbitten

Please, please make another dish, even if you're only remotely thinking of this as appropriate for Saint Patrick's Day. Signed, third generation Irishfellow.

bigpan

I would toss the cabbage and freeze the corned beef. Figuring the cost of cabbage you are tossing out a few nickels of money and spend that much for fresh cabbage next time. I bet you spend more than that for a cup of coffee!

Traci206

Save the meat and cooking liquid. Toss the cabbage. Cook new cabbage in the saved meat juice.