Caraway seed/powder substitution

How much caraway powder would you use to replace 2T. caraway seeds? For Irish Soda Bread............ Thanks.

asked by punkinpie over 6 years ago

Usually the amount of ground spice is about equal to the amount of whole spice, but if it's powder and therefore more finely ground, I'd cut back on it and use just 1 tablespoon.

I'd be concerned that ground caraway would have a very strong taste. How would you feel about leaving it out?

punkinpie

susan g I agree. I hate to loose the caraway seed flavor. I might try as little as a half teaspoon. Those little "hooked" seeds are dangerous to some older intestines! :)