🔕 🔔

Caraway seed/powder substitution

How much caraway powder would you use to replace 2T. caraway seeds? For Irish Soda Bread............ Thanks.

asked by punkinpie almost 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Usually the amount of ground spice is about equal to the amount of whole spice, but if it's powder and therefore more finely ground, I'd cut back on it and use just 1 tablespoon.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I'd be concerned that ground caraway would have a very strong taste. How would you feel about leaving it out?

susan g I agree. I hate to loose the caraway seed flavor. I might try as little as a half teaspoon. Those little "hooked" seeds are dangerous to some older intestines! :)