🔕 🔔

Which brand is the best for canned sardines?

I love Ortiz anchovies and am willing to pay a small fortune for them. What is the best canned sardine brand?

asked by Third Floor Kitchen about 5 years ago
401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

For domestic West Coast sardines I'd recommend Cannery Row Sardine Co. in Monterey, CA. A bright young entrepreneur started a business there by bringing sardines back to Cannery Row. www.canneryrowsardineco...
Seafood Watch rates sardines as a "super green" seafood.
You mentioned Ortiz with good reason. Most of the best tinned Atlantic fishes come from Spain or Portugal. A good Portuguese label is Da Morgada.

A5c2f5f1 9c68 4df1 b7e2 1964956b58ae  img 0264

Thanks for the recommendations!

D1da8e34 03b3 4654 9952 6131add5ddaa  fb avatar

If you try some Vital Choice sardines (found here: http://www.vitalchoice...), you probably won't go back to any other brand. They're the highest in omega 3s per can of any brand I've found yet, and the olive oil they use is even organic.