Which brand is the best for canned sardines?

I love Ortiz anchovies and am willing to pay a small fortune for them. What is the best canned sardine brand?

asked by Third Floor Kitchen over 6 years ago

For domestic West Coast sardines I'd recommend Cannery Row Sardine Co. in Monterey, CA. A bright young entrepreneur started a business there by bringing sardines back to Cannery Row. www.canneryrowsardineco...
Seafood Watch rates sardines as a "super green" seafood.
You mentioned Ortiz with good reason. Most of the best tinned Atlantic fishes come from Spain or Portugal. A good Portuguese label is Da Morgada.

Third Floor Kitchen

Thanks for the recommendations!

Drew Parma

If you try some Vital Choice sardines (found here: http://www.vitalchoice...), you probably won't go back to any other brand. They're the highest in omega 3s per can of any brand I've found yet, and the olive oil they use is even organic.