🔕 🔔

Quinoa

I bought some quinoa for the first time today. I have 2 kids at home so I'm looking for a recipe I can make a big batch of and throw in the fridge and snack on throughout the week. Hot or cold recipes welcome, healthy & no meat!

asked by foidivin about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

http://www.food52.com/recipe...
Here's a bunch. Have fun.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

There's also a blog devoted to quinoa -- www.cooking quinoa.net. She has 2 young children at home, so the recipes have been kid tested.
I usually just cook it up plain, and it keeps for about a week. That way I have the fixings and make salads or pilaf type meals as I wish.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Love quionoa and everything about it - taste, texture, health benefits. An important part of preparing it is to soak and rinse before cooking to take off the bitter coating that protects it from critters eating it. Soak in cold water for about five minutes and then rinse till the water is clear before cooking.

Thanks!