Quinoa

I bought some quinoa for the first time today. I have 2 kids at home so I'm looking for a recipe I can make a big batch of and throw in the fridge and snack on throughout the week. Hot or cold recipes welcome, healthy & no meat!

asked by foidivin over 6 years ago

http://www.food52.com/recipe...
Here's a bunch. Have fun.

There's also a blog devoted to quinoa -- www.cooking quinoa.net. She has 2 young children at home, so the recipes have been kid tested.
I usually just cook it up plain, and it keeps for about a week. That way I have the fixings and make salads or pilaf type meals as I wish.

Love quionoa and everything about it - taste, texture, health benefits. An important part of preparing it is to soak and rinse before cooking to take off the bitter coating that protects it from critters eating it. Soak in cold water for about five minutes and then rinse till the water is clear before cooking.

foidivin

Thanks!

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks