🔕 🔔

Creating a new dish: do Gorgonzola and tomato go together?

Trying to create a new sauce but unsure about flavor combo

asked by GIOVANNI50 over 5 years ago

07825364 abc5 42f5 bd7f f2a77f00dff0  20090907 jackson 8

I agree with jmburns. In the summer, I love to make a "caprese" salad made with slices of gorgonzola instead of mozzarella, on a bed of butter lettuce.

Well I do not know a sauce recipe but the Gorgonzola Tomato flavors go together well.

The flavors do match well together. But splurge on a good gorgonzola dolce. You can't count on good fresh tomatoes quite yet so buy the best canned ones you can find. Keep the herbs to a minimum; I don't think basil matches well with gorgonzola but fried sage does. Use lots of butter and think about a penne type pasta shape.

You beat me to it, pierino! I was going to say sage is a great flavor with tomato and gorgonzola. In fact this has given me ideas for Saturday night's supper!

Grazie. you think a stronger Danish blue cheese
Wouldn't work?

Do you mean to use it in sauce or as a topping?

Giovanni50 that choice is up to you. Personally I would use more cheese in proportion to tomato and I would work it directly into the sauce, but hey, you are the one developing a recipe. So do what works for you.