Help! Cook Turkey Leg Without Oil?

On a diet. It calls for a cooked turkey leg for an entree without oit? How do I do that? Boil it? Sounds terrible. What can I do?

asked by JagMoma over 6 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

You can season it and roast it in the oven. Maybe start it covered and then uncover towards the end of the cooking time to brown it a bit.

ChefOno

Well you could boil it, that is how we make soup after all. But I agree with the suggestion above, roasting should be quite flavorful all by itself. If you want to take it a step further, you could loosen the skin and work some herbs down between the skin and the meat.

softpunk

How would you cook it with oil anyway? I would instantly think to roast it, and am curious how you would usually do it.

Mr_Vittles

Roll it tightly in aluminum foil. Deep fry for 15 minutes.

You don't need oil to roast it.