Ginger

I'm allergic to ginger--do you know any good alternatives with a similar texture and flavor?

asked by Yuuki over 6 years ago

Galangal would probably be the closest, but that is in the ginger family and you might be allergic to that as well. It depends on the recipe--perhaps you could use lemongrass or turmeric root--not the dry powder, but the actual root, which looks similat to ginger.

Oops . . Come to think of it, turmeric is in the ginger family too.

Yuuki

I can eat turmeric, so that sounds great! I've never heard of galangal. Do you know where I might find that? Is it traditionally used in any sort of cuisine? Thank you so much, by the way!