A question about a recipe: Fresh Sriracha (aka, home made 'Rooster')

I have a question about the recipe "Fresh Sriracha (aka, home made 'Rooster')" from edamame2003.

The only thing I know about peppers is the stuff in bottles, and the "Oh no! You don't want that! That's Spicy! Not for Ashkenazim!!!" large green peppers in the supermarket.

Palm Sugar? I know white, brown (carmelized?), & Demarerra. What about Date Spread? Would that be Palm Sugar?

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 25, 2012

Not for Ashkenazim! - LOL, I so understand that. Are you planning to serve during Passover?

DovShmuelFreedmn
DovShmuelFreedmn March 26, 2012

Given the ingredients, no reason I couldn't use it over Pesach.

But not planning on Serving it. This is for my own personnal use as I've discovered that sometimes I prefer "Sweet Chile Sauce" to Ketchup. Especially with Rice or Ramen, which I seem to live on at work.

susan g March 25, 2012

Just think of the chili peppers in the pickle barrel -- hot is not unknown...

About the sugar -- someone in the comments used agave syrup in place of the palm sugar, but I think a brown or Demerara would be fine.
The comments also have other options on the peppers.