🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Seeded Skillet Cookie...should you use hemp or flax seed?

A1b0daac 50e9 4c8a 8197 85a98fa7f06d  040111f wholeflax 05

I have a question about the recipe "Seeded Skillet Cookie" from nishis.
The recipe says flax and the instructions say hemp!

asked by Kiley over 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Sorry about that -- for this recipe, since they're just there for healthy crunch and texture, they should be relatively interchangeable, depending on your preference and what you have on hand. Feel free to use either, or a mix.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Hemp will not have the same 'crunch' factor as flax seed. Sometimes when I need a hit of protein and good omegas, I will have a tablespoon of hemp sees and they are very nutty and easy to chew. Flax seeds are a different matter. I use ground flax seed for snacks, not the whole seed.