🔕 🔔

I'm having 10 for dinner. Would making lamb pasta for 8 + a fish for 6 be enough food?

So many recipes are for 6 or 8. How do I adjust for 10?

asked by AnaNYC over 5 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

By the time you put in a salad and veg plate it will work fine. Stuff your guests a little bit with canapés and wine first, and a promise to leave some room for your killer dessert.
Fact is, guests will remember the company and conversation and food more than remembering the quantity.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Assuming you have other hors d'oeuvres-y things, sides, salads, bread, etc., it should be enough. But if you are just serving pasta and fish, I'd make an extra half recipe of pasta and double the fish.

I was indeed going to have hors d' and a spinach salad and a dessert. But making another half of the lamb ragu pasta (anyone else tried the one in this months Food and Wine?) seems like a good idea, even for the math-challenged. On to making to do lists! Thank you so much!

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

My experience is that the more people you have, the less they eat. I don't know why- it must be some group psychology thing. Pasta for 8 and fish for 6 will be more than enough. You will have left-overs, especially if you add a salad, appetizer, and dessert.
Of course, if your guests are all 16 year of boys, all bets are off.