🔕 🔔

7c6bb5af cc2f 4f9d b4a2 88019a4608eb  61wadxourml.ux250
Melissa Clark

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

Once I get an idea for a recipe, I compare it to what I actually have on hand, or at least what is convenient for me to buy. It's all about balancing the image in my head with the reality of my day/life/fridge.

then I'll cook it and tweak the original idea as needed as I go. I never fully write a recipe before hand, I cook and tweak and change as I go. That's the fun part, understanding what the dish needs, or coming up with a more efficient way to cook it. I like to think on my feet, same with cooking. I love the challenge of looking in the fridge and figuring out what to make for dinner.