I've just made meringues and have egg yolks left over. SIMPLE suggestions please, I'm not much of a cook!

asked by @roottoot2 over 6 years ago

GiGi26

Left-over egg yolks can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for several days and used in pastries, sauces, mayonnaise, as a binding in meatloaves and croquettes, custards or just make a scamble in the morning.

They can be frozen for up to a month, by adding 1/8 teaspoon salt for every 4 egg yolks (¼cup) or ½ teaspoon sugar depending on whether you want to use them in something sweet or savory.

Meatballs&Milkshakes

Custards like creme brulee or puddings. Or just whip them up with some marsala and sugar to make zabaglione.

ATL
ATL

Make an old-fashioned sponge cake and serve it with fresh berries and whipped cream.

angiegeyser

Aioli!

lcast

Carbonara

If you made meringues, you can cook!

Cookie16

Agreed, freeze them!