🔕 🔔

What's for dinner? Need some ideas...

I've been traveling lately for work, and hence we've been either ordering or eating out. A lot. I need to make a good, home-cooked supper tonight...and am feeling wholly and uncharacteristically uninspired. I have a decently stocked pantry, some basic fresh hersbs, an arsenal of dried herbs/spices and a basic set of proteins in the freezer. I'd love some inspiration. No real requirements cuisine-or-ingredient-wise (I'd be willing to make a quick stop at the market), but I work full-time, so anything that takes a ton of time is out (and of course, those are the only ideas I seem to have....). I know this is a lame question, but I really can't order take out again....!

asked by MTMitchell over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Eric Ripert's Crispy Skinned Fish http://food52.com/recipes...

Here's my tried and true: Spicy Capellini from Lidia Bastianich- with peproncini and bacon. 30 min or less to make and you might have all the ingredients on hand, a nice twist on same-ol-same-ol pasta.
http://www.finecooking...

And this looks like a great addition to the fish http://food52.com/recipes...

What a great side for a fish dinner, I'm jonesing for that now.

This is what I made for dinner last week when my husband was at a business dinner: pan fried scallops and a mixed green salad with a citrus vinaigrette and sliced avocados.

For the scallops, pat dry. Season w/ S&P. Sear until golden brown on each side. Serve along side salad with a wedge of lemon.

Citrus vinaigrette for one: 1/2 Tb lemon juice, 1/2 Tb vinegar, 2 Tb citrus flavored oil (I had meyer lemon olive oil on hand),1 tsp lemon zest, pinch of each: salt, pepper, sugar. Combine all in a small jar. Close securely with lid and shake the heck out of the jar.

And what I'm fixing tonight: shredding leftover roasted chicken from the market (purchased last night) and rolling it with cheese in tortillas with enchilada sauce. I have chiles on hand so I can make my own sauce, but I might just buy it.

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

AWESOME. Thank you all -- these are great ideas and sound like lovely dinners that are totally doable wthin the confines of a Monday evening.