Coconut Oil

I have just discovered the "miracle" of coconut. I was wondering just how good it is for you. It is still fat. Reading in a book I heard that it is good fat. I want to find out before I go coconut crazy.

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Coconut oil is favored by people eating the Paleo diet and those interested in traditional foods. I think of it much as I do butter--it is good for you, but don't eat it to excess. Do some research by googling Paleo diet, Mark's Daily Apple, and Weston Price Foundation.

Coconut oil is amazingly good for you on many levels. During World War II in the Pacific Theatre the liquid from coconuts was used in lieu of plasma for transfusions.
From http://www.huffingtonpost...
It may be surprising for you to learn that the naturally occurring saturated fat in coconut oil is actually good for you and provides a number of profound health benefits, such as:

• Improving your heart health.(3)
• Boosting your thyroid. (4)
• Increasing your metabolism.
• Promoting a lean body and weight loss if needed.
• Supporting your immune system. (5)

Coconut oil even benefits your skin when applied topically and has been found to have anti-aging, regenerative effects

sarah k.

I use coconut oil for the reasons already mentioned. My very favorite thing is sweet potato cubes tossed in melted coconut oil and roasted in a 400 degree oven until golden and crispy.