🔕 🔔

What is the Difference... a Passover ?

What is the difference between matzah farfel and broken up matzah? I am making a recipe that calls for matzah farfel and do not have enough but have plenty of matzah. Can I substitute?
Thanks.

asked by ELCookie over 5 years ago

I would think you could substitute matzoh that you break into the size pieces like matzoh farfel (maybe use a rolling pin?). That's what I would do.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I agree with Karen0. Matzo Farfel simply consists of matzo broken into small pieces. Matzo farfel is used as a bread substitute during the Passover holiday in kosher-for-Passover recipes, especially in oven-baked dishes.

13e03ad2 dea9 4f23 9c54 536873679e96  white chocolate ginger cookies

Thank you! That was what I thought but was not sure. Hag Samech!