How do I make healthy scrambled eggs?

asked by @MrKev83 about 8 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

Take a look through the scrambled egg recipes on food52:

You can always add vegetables to your scrambled eggs, and use olive oil instead of butter.

campagnes

I usually make scrambled eggs using 1 whole egg and 2 whites to reduce the fat and calories. Added veggies, salsa, and/or lowfat cheese are also great.

Mr_Vittles

Use Extra Virgin olive oil, on medium low heat. Don't huge portions. Easy peasy.

latoscana

Add a film of olive oil to a non-stick pan. After the egg is cooked and transferred to a plate, add salsa to the still-hot pan and immediately pour it over the egg. It heats up instantly. Great with a whole wheat tortilla (heated, too).