🔕 🔔

What's a good white wine to go with an asparagus risotto? Would a Riesling work well??

asked by LivB about 6 years ago

Rieslings are popular with asparagus in Germany, where asparagus rules the table in spring. You might find a good Gewürztraminer from Alsace, a Silvaner from Franken (northern Bavaria) or a Grüner Veltiner from Austria that would also pair well. The trick is finding the right wine that wil work with the asparagus, so check with your wine merchant for his/her recommendations.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Prosecco would be nice or maybe a saviagnon blanc, IMHO.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Riesling is a good choice. I also agree on sauvignon blanc. While I like prosecco I don't think of it as a dinner wine as it's sparkling, crisp and low alcohol (10%). However if the asparagus risotto is an appetizer or first course it might pair up in that context.