🔕 🔔

How can I thicken the icing I'm making from chocolate chips and light cream?

I was making icing with cream and chocolate chips. I was supposed to use heavy cream but bought light cream by mistake. Decided to go ahead and try to make it anyway. It's too watery. Any ideas on how to thicken it ?

asked by Natty312 over 5 years ago

D6c5fe52 3529 43c5 b928 f3a3d47a8430  image steph blue hair crop

Butter will work, though it will run in a warm room. If making a ganache, it's always best to use heavy cream for a thicker product. You might also try whipping it with the whisk attachment on a stand blender to fluff it up and add more air (not sure if this work with the particular cream you are using).

Fold in whipped cream or whipped egg whites.

Folding in the whipped cream or egg whites won't give you a ganache buy at least you would be able to use it.