8 egg yolks.....suggestions?

Macaroon making frenzy over. Left looking at a bowl with 8 egg yolks. What's a girl to do?

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

mainecook61

Custard. Chiffon cake. Hollandaise.

mbergner

Fresh pasta

ChefOno

If you've made lemon curd -- get some lemons and try it!

Other suggestions from last week:

http://food52.com/hotline...

Lemon curd. Just made some. Very yummy.

Here's a recipe that's kosher for Passover if you need that:

http://baking911.com/frosting-icing-etc/curds/lemon-curd-passover

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Thanks drbabs! LEmon curd sounds yummy. I try and keep kosher for passover but we are an interfaith household so my kids are probably in insulin shock at this point from all the chocolate eggs!

We usually don't sweat it, but we're visiting my sister in law and brother in law and they try to keep kosher for Passover so we're doing our best! I'll need to detox from matzo as much as your kids will from chocolate!

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Hahaha! Less damage to your insulin system with the matzo though....seriously think I may have given my children type II diabetes today.....

Hahhahha! I'm sure your kids had a great time and will rebound from sugar shock.

donna1963

It's better if the matzoh is whole grain but if it's white flour the chocolate eggs might do less damage to your pancreas. The fat in the chocolate slows the absorption of the sugar into your body. White flour matzoh is basically converted very quickly into pure sugar by your body.

Cristina Sciarra

Ooh, ice cream or key lime pie!

rt21

What about Caesar dressing !

AndyFL

+ heavy cream + sugar ====> Creme brûlée !!

ChefOno

+ heavy cream + sugar + CHOCOLATE = Pots de Crème !!

;-)

you could make 2 batches of this: http://www.food52.com/recipes... , said the lady playing the role of the enabler.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Oh yum! Now I'm having that problem where there are two many choice and I am stunned into indecision......

Summer of Eggplant

Have you decided? I'd also vote ice cream or mayonnaise.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Actually, I was simultaneously staring at about 2 dozen hard boiled eggs (aftermath of Easter) and decided to do deviled eggs with extra egg filling because at least a third of it finds it's way into the hovering husband's mouth. Used the genius recipe from the other week but omitted the herbs and mustard and used smoked paprika and diced bacon (and a bit of sour cream). Delicious!!!

jenmmcd

Hollandaise! Look for a blender recipe. So delish and easy.