🔕 🔔

How long is lentil soup good for in the fridge?

I made a lentil soup last Friday, with stock, lentils, onions and veggies. Is it still good to eat today, 5 days later? It's just been sitting in the fridge for that long.

asked by hayley over 5 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I think it should be fine. But if you don't finish it today, I would freeze it in single-serving portions, either in freezer-safe containers or small freezer bags.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I second what Mrs. Larkin said.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

When you heat the soup, bring to a point just short of boiling, for an extra measure of caution. If it has gone 'off' you can tell -- by sight and by smell, or a drop on the tongue. If you have meat or meat broth in the soup, there is less margin of error than for a meat-free soup.

I have a five day rule for anything left over.