🔕 🔔

Traveling to Frankfurt, Triere and Luxumbourg - dining and food related recommendations welcome.

I have no idea what or where to eat here. A little research didn't help me much either, a saurkraut risotto dish on a sample menu left me scared and confused. Please help.

asked by Summer of Eggplant over 4 years ago
21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

if i were you, i would do some posting on www.chowhound.com on the boards for that area. check it out. and what about google?

Adofph Wagner's is is the quintessential Hessian pub, right on the main street in Sachsenhausen, a suburb of Frankfurt, on the other side of the river. The sector is also where all of the museums are -- one or two of them have some very good cafes. It's a bit of a hike over the bridge from the Dom area, but very close to the Metro.
The place is packed with locals. I went often the two years I lived in the city. The one thing I didn't care for on the menu - the apfelwein -- a taste I never acquired. This is not fine cuisine. Web Site: http://www.apfelwein-wagner...

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

Sauekraut risotto can be very good actually; it was my grandma's signature dish. Unless you just really dislike sauerkraut in general, give it a try.