🔕 🔔

banana bread with grape honey that might have gone bad - is it edible?

I just made banana bread using grape honey (http://choobin.hubpages...) instead of sugar. Too late I noticed the grape honey smelled somewhat like vinegar. Is what I made edible? (my thought: people do put vinegar in cakes, so although it might not taste as I wanted to, is isn't bad for me, right?)

asked by mirileh over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

If it tastes okay, I think it's safe to eat! Sugar and honey don't really spoil.

"grape honey" isn't really pure sugar or honey, it's syrup made from grapes. I have a feeling I can eat it, but it won't be the world's best banana bread.